Inflation plunged to 9.1% in October from 12% in September
The decrease of the General CPI by 1.2% in the month of October 2022, compared to the corresponding Index of September 2022, mainly came from the changes in the following groups of goods and services:
1. From the reductions of the indicators by:
• 11.5% in the Housing group, mainly due to a decrease in prices in: electricity, natural gas, heating oil. Part
of this decrease was offset by the increase mainly in residential rental prices.
• 0.3% in the Hotels-Cafes-Restaurants group, mainly due to a decrease in prices in hotels-motels-inns. Part
of this decrease was compensated by the increase in prices mainly in restaurants-confectioneries-cafes.
2. From the increases of the indicators by:
• 1.3% in the Food and non-alcoholic drinks group, mainly due to price increases in: bread, pasta, beef, pork,
lamb and goat, fresh whole milk, cheeses, olive oil, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, potatoes. Part of that increase
was offset by the decrease mainly in fresh fish prices.
• 3.5% in the Clothing and footwear group, due to price increases in clothing and footwear.
• 1.6% in the group Durable goods-Household goods and services, mainly due to price increases in: immediate items
household consumption, household services.
• 2.1% in the Transportation group, mainly due to price increases in: new cars, used cars,
diesel, car fuel (gasoline), air passenger tickets.
• 0.4% in the Other goods and services group, mainly due to an increase in prices in hairdressers and shops
Read the News today and get the latest news.
Follow Skai.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news.