After the meeting that the mayor Yiannis Kalafatelis had a few days ago with the Minister of Culture Lina Mendoni, the municipal authority immediately starts the work to highlight the archaeological site of Ikarios, in the area of Rapentosa of Dionysos
The Municipality of Dionysos is now in the final stages of the procedures for highlighting the archaeological site of Ikarios, in the Rapentosa area.
After the meeting that the mayor Yiannis Kalafatelis had a few days ago with the Minister of Culture Lina Mendoni, the municipal authority immediately starts the work.
The execution time of the project is determined in 18 months from the signing of the program contract. The project will be carried out in two phases.
During the first phase of the project, the following works will be carried out:
– Cleaning and shaping the area (deforestation, cutting bushes, etc.), in which the scattered architectural members are to be placed.
– De-cluttering of the debris by drawing up a record file per object (planning, photography, documentation).
– Urgent protection and maintenance works of the inscriptions on architectural members and on sponsored monuments (cleaning of biological contaminants, construction of casts, etc.).
During the B’ phase of the project, the works will be carried out:
– Transport, arrange and classify the scattered stones in the landscaped area.
– Completion of compilation of log files.
– Construction of information signs with supervisory material.
“This is a dream of many years, which is being realized today, thanks to the persistence and the systematic effort we have made since the beginning of our term”, stressed, among others, the mayor of Dionysos, Yiannis Kalafatelis, and added: “It is very important that the Our municipality utilizes an archaeological monument of cultural heritage, which after the completion of the necessary works, will be able to be visited by every citizen”.
View the news feed and get the latest news.