“The people of the Organization asked to speak, both with the child himself and with his parents in order to support them – The child did not want to talk and the parents never contacted the Helpline” the announcement states
“The Child’s Smile” – on the occasion of the case of sexual abuse of the 12-year-old girl in Colonos – informs about the history of the case.
– At the beginning of September “The Smile of the Child” received an anonymous call, without giving any specific information, to provide counseling support and guidance to the relatives of a minor who had been sexually abused by an adult man.
– The people of the Organization immediately gave the necessary directions and asked to speak, both with the child himself and with his parents with the aim of supporting them.
– The child did not want to talk and the parents never contacted the Agency’s Help and Support Line.
– “The Child’s Smile” not having any information directed the family to contact the Sub-Directorate of Juvenile Security.
– From the information available to him, it was not possible to correlate the call with the case of sexual abuse of the 12-year-old girl in Colonos.
– Today, and following the publication of “The Child’s Smile”, he found and confirmed, according to the history, that the call he received in September 2022 related to the abuse case of the 12-year-old.
– The Organization has requested to support the child, and after a relevant recommendation, it is awaiting the approval and consent of the parents and the competent investigative officers in order to carry out the deposition process of the 12-year-old smoothly.
– Afterwards, the 12-year-old can be supported at the therapeutic center “The Child’s House”, the first Day Center in Greece for the personalized provision of Mental Health Services to Children and Adolescents, victims of all forms of abuse.
Read the News today and get the latest news.
Follow Skai.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news.