His grand finale Australian Open confirmed, and will be the one predicted based on the crosses. On Sunday morning (29/01, 10.30, Eurosport 1) o Stefanos Tsitsipas will be confronted with Novak Djokovicin his quest to win his first Grand Slam.
This will be the 13th time the two have met. In the previous 12 matches, the one who clearly dominates is “Nole”. THE Serbian holder of 21 Grand Slams has won 10 of 12 matches with Tsitsipahcounting at the moment 9 consecutive winning attempts against the Greek tennis player.
In fact, in the 5 matches between them that were the finals of the event, o Djokovic is invincible, with the most important of course the one at Roland Garros in 2021when the Serb defeated him Tsitsipah with 3-2 sets, coming back from 2-0.
The last time that Mr Greek tennis player managed to beat “Nole”, she was in her Masters Shanghai in 2019, when he won in 2-1 sets. Previously, he had also won the first meeting between them, in his Masters Canada in 2018, again 2-1. The important thing in this case is that both of Stefanos’ victories were on a hard surface, like his Australian Open.
The twelve matches between Djokovic and Tsitsipas in detail:
1. Canadian Masters 2018, Round of 16, Tsitsipas-Djokovic 2-1
2. Masters Madrid 2019, Final, Djokovic-Tsitsipas 2-0
3. Shanghai Masters 2019, Quarterfinal, Tsitsipas-Djokovic 2-1
4. Paris Masters 2019, Quarterfinal, Djokovic-Tsitsipas 2-0
5. Dubai 2020, Final, Djokovic-Tsitsipas 2-0
6. Roland Garros 2020, Semifinal, Djokovic-Tsitsipas 3-2
7. Rome Masters 2021, Quarterfinal, Djokovic-Tsitsipas 3-0
8. Roland Garros 2021, Final, Djokovic-Tsitsipas 3-2
9. Rome Masters 2022, Final, Djokovic-Tsitsipas 2-0
10. Astana 2022, Final, Djokovic-Tsitsipas 2-0
11. Paris Masters 2022, Semifinal, Djokovic-Tsitsipas 2-1
12. ATP Finals, Group Stage, Djokovic-Tsitsipas 2-1
Follow News Bulletin 247 on Google News to be the first to learn the latest news .
I am currently a news writer for News Bulletin247 where I mostly cover sports news. I have always been interested in writing and it is something I am very passionate about. In my spare time, I enjoy reading and spending time with my family and friends.