One Briton allegedly confessed to the murder of another British tourist in Malia, Crete, 20 years ago.
The relics of Steven Cook, 20, were found in a well in 2017, twelve years after his disappearance in 2005.
Since then, Steven’s family has been looking for desperate answers, which seems to come 20 years after his disappearance.
According to British media, Cesair police have confirmed that there were developments in the investigation.
COPS PROBE BOMBSHELL ‘Confession’ in Murder of British
– The Sun (@thesun) August 2, 2025
The young Steven disappeared on September 1, 2005, while he was out with friends on the first night of his holiday in Malia.
At the end of the evening exit he left alone from the pub. The 20 -year -old was last seen in a bar to ask for instructions for his hotel, Hotel Frixos, but left in the wrong direction. Since then, his traces have been lost.
In February 2017, workers near a cemetery in Malia found a human skeleton in an abandoned well, along with his camera and pieces of his clothes.
Since then, there has been no information about who killed the unfortunate young man. Until now.
The email of the confession
Seven years after the macabre discovery of Steven’s bones, police and prosecutors in Greece along with UK police are investigating a alleged confession.
According to Steven’s family lawyer, Yiannis Konstantoudakis, an email was sent to Cesair police from the former wife of a 38 -year -old Briton last year.
The woman says in the letter that her ex -husband confessed to her that she killed Steven in 2017 – when his body was found – and revealed to her the scary details while under the influence of drugs.
Her Briton described how she got involved in a fight with a drunken young man in Malia in 2005. He hit him on the head and the young man died. He then threw his body into a well.
Indeed, as the woman reports in her letter, her ex -husband then collapsed and threatened to commit suicide.
Steven’s family was briefed on developments through her lawyer, while Mr Konstantoudakis told The Sun newspaper that he was afraid that the case could be rejected in September if there were no significant developments.
For its part, Cesair police said he “know developments in Steven Cook’s death”, adding that “we are currently working closely with the Greek authorities”
Source :Skai
With a wealth of experience honed over 4+ years in journalism, I bring a seasoned voice to the world of news. Currently, I work as a freelance writer and editor, always seeking new opportunities to tell compelling stories in the field of world news.