ANDsta is this Monday’s edition of the FolhaMercado newsletter (23). want to receive it from monday to Friday at 7 am In your email? Sign up below.
How ‘human bots’ work
A crowd of Brazilians spend their days following, commenting and liking profiles of strangers for thousandths of a real. They are the workforce of click farms.
Understand: they are attracted by companies that promise extra income for those who interact (with likes and comments) on profiles that pay to see their accounts boom.
How much do they earn: the sites pay from BRL 0.001 The BRL 0.05 for each interaction. To gain in scale, many users often automate the management of hundreds of fake accounts, but they run the risk of not earning anything if the profile is banned.
How much: it is possible to find packs of a thousand likes on Instagram for BRL 0.60, and companies ensure that engagement comes from real accounts. Among buyers, the profiles that are most repeated are artists, influencers and athletes.
crowdwork is the way in which these types of micro-works are characterized.
What did Musk come to Brazil to do?
Elon Musk came to Brazil last Friday (20), when he met with President Jair Bolsonaro (PL), other members of the country’s government and business people at a luxury hotel in the interior of São Paulo.
What came to do: officially, the visit served to announce a partnership between its startup SpaceX and the government to bring broadband internet to the Amazon region through a network of low-orbit satellites, Starlink.
What is Starlink: the billionaire’s idea is to create a kind of constellation of 40 thousand satellites around the world –2,000 are already in orbit. The initial objective is to offer high-speed internet in remote regions.
Yes but…The program announced as a novelty has been in existence for four years and is operated by two other companies – Viasat and Telebras.
Other businesses in the country: earlier this month, Vale announced that it had struck a deal with Tesla, Musk’s automaker, to supply low-carbon nickel. The mineral that is used in electric car batteries will come from the Brazilian company’s operations in Canada.
While Musk was around, the American website Business Insider claimed that SpaceX paid US$ 250 thousand to a flight attendant in 2018 in a settlement to settle a sexual harassment allegation against the billionaire.
On his Twitter account, Musk called the allegation “totally false” and politically motivated. Then the billionaire stated that “nothing will stop me from fighting for a good future and for your right to free expression.”
More on Musk’s visit to Brazil:
Is it time to buy crypto?
The bleeding in the crypto market took some of the mood of many investors and generated a warning about assets that, in the end, were not as safe as they promised – in the case of stablecoins.
With the general decline in this market, is it time to go shopping? Managers and analysts in this sector point out that the time is right to be cautious.
What explains: before the fall of stablecoins like TerraUSD and luna, which had precisely the role of safe haven for investors (understand here), the scenario was already sour for this niche.
- The big cryptos, such as bitcoin and ether, which usually dictate the direction of the sector, became part of the portfolio of large investment funds and even companies, which exposed these assets to the logic of more traditional markets.
- When the US started raising interest rates, riskier assets began to plummet. In this package are technology companies and cryptocurrencies.
What to do? Investment professionals have opted for a more cautious stance, recommending limited exposure to an investor’s risk appetite. In short: it’s not time to sell everything, but also rushing shopping may not be a good idea.
Has the NFT bubble burst? Another type of cryptocurrency that comes in free fall are some non-fungible tokens, which work like a certificate of ownership attached to a digital product.
- The values moved by NFTs had a fall of 75% between February and mid-April, according to Chainalysis. They were further penalized by the wave of fake or stolen images marketed on OpenSea, taken over by the platform itself.
More about investments:
Big employers bet on hybrid
The largest employers in the country must maintain the home office and hybrid work for part of the workers even with the advance of vaccination and the end of the restrictions caused by the pandemic.
What explains: surveys indicate that both employees and management, for the most part, liked the results of working from home, and the option became an alternative to attract and keep talent in the firm.
THE Sheet went to hear from some of the largest employers in the country to find out what the idea of the work model going forward is:
- Itaú: with almost 100,000 employees, it adopts three modes in its administrative offices: face-to-face, for those who need to go to the bank every day, hybrid, for those who have to go from time to time, and flexible, for those who have more autonomy.
- Mail: with 88,500 employees, 2% (about 1,770) are working remotely.
- Bradesco: has 87,500 employees and is expected to keep around 30% of the workforce in the hybrid system for the administrative areas.
- Cashier: it had more than 56,000 employees (35.6% of the total) working from home and is studying the implementation of remote work for some functions with a positive return.
- BB (Bank of Brazil): Deployed work in a hybrid format, with up to two days a week away from the office. Today, around 4% of the 86,300 employees switch between remote and face-to-face work.
- Attention: Of the 70,000 employees, around 35% work from home —the rest is divided between the hybrid and face-to-face models.
- Raia-Drogasil: maintained the approximately 3,000 employees in the corporate area in the hybrid model.
I have over 8 years of experience in the news industry. I have worked for various news websites and have also written for a few news agencies. I mostly cover healthcare news, but I am also interested in other topics such as politics, business, and entertainment. In my free time, I enjoy writing fiction and spending time with my family and friends.