Federal civil servants will have special working hours on days when Brazil is playing in the 2022 World Cup. The schedule was defined in an ordinance of the Ministry of Economy and takes into account the time at which the matches of the Brazilian team will take place.
The ordinance allows civil servants to close their working hours two hours before the time of the games in Brazil, according to Brasília (DF) time. The rules do not apply to services considered essential.
See what the working hours of federal employees will be like during the World Cup
- Games at 12 pm: there will be no office.
- Games at 1pm: Office hours will close at 11:00 am
- Games at 4pm: office will close at 2 pm
Hours not worked must be compensated between December 1, 2022 and May 31, 2023. The form of compensation will be up to the manager and will depend on the type of work adopted by the public body. It is possible to work up to two extra hours a day to make up the due time.
For those who participate in the in-person or distance management program, compliance with the schedule will be through the completion and delivery of tasks. The other servers that have face-to-face activity and are outside the program must start earlier or finish later.
Those who do not make the compensation established by the Economy will have the hours not worked deducted from their salary.
Brazil is in Group G, with the first game scheduled for next Thursday (24). The Qatar World Cup runs from November 20 to December 18. There are 32 teams that will compete for the title of world football champion.
CHECK BRAZIL’S MATCH SCHEDULES IN THE FIRST PHASE
24/11 – 7h – Switzerland v Cameroon
24/11 – 16h – Brazil vs Serbia
11/28 – 7am - Cameroon vs Serbia
11/28 – 1pm – Brazil vs Switzerland
12/2 – 4pm – Cameroon vs Brazil
12/2 – 4pm – Serbia vs Switzerland
Online services will work normally
The federal government’s online services will continue to function normally. Anyone who needs to deliver documents, schedule an appointment or request benefits can access applications targeted to the type of service that will be requested.
To be served, the citizen will need to have a password for the Portal Gov.br. If you don’t have one, you can register an access password. In addition, it is necessary to have the CPF number for service. Federal Revenue services, INSS and other labor services are carried out with a password.
Caixa and Banco do Brasil will have special hours
Public banks will also have special opening hours, as will other bank branches in the country, as determined by Febraban (Brazilian Federation of Banks). Payment of bills must be made, as salaries will not change. There will be ATMs available, internet banking and telephone assistance.
SEE THE OPERATION OF THE BANKS ON THE DAYS OF THE SELECTION’S MATCHES
For games at 12:00:
- das 9am to 11am and das 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm, in the states with Brasilia time
- das 8am to 10am and das 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm, in the states with a difference of one hour in relation to Brasilia
- das 7am to 9am and das 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm, in the states with a difference of two hours in relation to Brasilia
- das 8am to 12pm, at branches on the island of Fernando de Noronha (PE)
For games at 1pm
- das 8:30 am to 11:30 am, in the states with Brasilia time
- das 7:30 am to 10:30 am, in the states with a difference of one hour in relation to Brasilia
- das 7 am to 9:30 am, in the states with a difference of two hours in relation to Brasilia
for games at 4 pm
- das 9am to 2pm🇧🇷 in the states with Brasilia time
- das 8am to 1pm🇧🇷 in the states with a difference of one hour in relation to Brasilia
- das 7am to 12pm🇧🇷 in the states with a difference of two hours in relation to Brasilia