spot_img
Thursday, December 1, 2022
HomeEntertainmentRolling Stones: Photos - documentary from the legendary group's 1972 tour

Rolling Stones: Photos – documentary from the legendary group’s 1972 tour

-

- Advertisement -

Award-winning photographer Jim Marshall in 1972 followed the group on its tour of California for TIME

In early 1972 the Rolling Stones were putting the final touches on “Exile on Main Street”, one of their most important albums, at Sunset Sound recording studio in Los Angeles.

- Advertisement -

Upon its release, the album reached No. 1 worldwide and the band embarked on a raucous, star-studded tour of the US and Canada, which included concerts at the Hollywood Palladium and the Inglewood Forum.

Life magazine commissioned photographer Jim Marshall to follow them on the California leg of the tour. His masterful eye and unlimited access to the band allowed Marshall to capture the wild rock’n’roll energy of the Stones at their best.

- Advertisement -

Photographs of the Rolling Stones on stage and backstage are featured in the exhibition “The Rolling Stones 1972: Photographs by Jim Marshall” at the Grammy Museum, Los Angeles.

The exhibition started in early November and will run until June 2023.

Jim Marshall was the first and only photographer to be awarded by the US Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences with an honorary Grammy, which is awarded to non-musical figures who have made significant contributions to the music industry. He died in March 2010 in New York at the age of 74 of natural causes, after a 50-year career and creating legendary images that have been etched in the public’s memory through the pages of magazines.

He photographed Johnny Cash during his historic concerts at San Quentin and Folsom prisons and accompanied Joan Baez on the campaign trail at the height of the Civil Rights Movement.

“I immerse myself so much in photography that I become one with the camera. I am 95% in the moment and with the other 5% I work the camera, like an engineer… I want them to see these people, not my photo”, the American photographer had emphasized.

RES-EMP

- Advertisement -
spot_img
Frederick
Frederick
I am Frederick Tuttle, who works in 247 News Agency as an author and mostly cover entertainment news. I have worked in this industry for 10 years and have gained a lot of experience. I am a very hard worker and always strive to get the best out of my work. I am also very passionate about my work and always try to keep up with the latest news and trends.

Related articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

1,250FansLike
1,500FollowersFollow

Latest posts