spot_img
Tuesday, February 7, 2023
HomeHealthcareCongo has declared the end of the latest wave of Ebola in...

Congo has declared the end of the latest wave of Ebola in the east of the country

-

- Advertisement -

The 15th outbreak in the central African country came when a new case of the deadly virus was confirmed in the eastern city of Beni on August 22.

The Democratic Republic of Congo has declared the end of the latest outbreak of the Ebola virus in the eastern province of North Kivu, Health Minister Jean-Jacques Bungani Banda said in a statement today.

- Advertisement -

The 15th outbreak in the central African country came when a new case of the deadly virus was confirmed in the eastern city of Beni on August 22.

Tests have shown that the outbreak is genetically linked to the 2018-2020 outbreak in North Kivu and Ituri provinces, which killed nearly 2,300 people.

- Advertisement -

Another outbreak of that outbreak killed six people last year.

“After 42 days of enhanced surveillance with no new confirmed case… I am happy to announce the end of the 15th outbreak… which lasted one month and 12 days,” Bungani Banda said.

The country has recorded 14 outbreaks since 1976. The 2018-2020 outbreak in the eastern regions was the worst in Congo and the second worst ever recorded, with a total of nearly 3,500 cases.

RES-EMP

- Advertisement -
spot_img

Related articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

1,250FansLike
1,500FollowersFollow

Latest posts