(News Bulletin 247) – Airbus unveiled its ambitions in the Pacific zone on Monday, where the aircraft manufacturer plans to deliver 920 new aircraft over the next 20 years.

- Advertisement -

In a presentation ahead of the Avalon Melbourne airshow, Stephen Forshaw, the group’s local boss, said he expects average growth in passenger traffic in the region of at least 3.2% per year.

Airbus says it sees the region as a ‘key’ market with 170 of its aircraft currently operating in Australia, Fiji, New Caledonia, New Zealand and the Solomon Islands.

- Advertisement -

At present, its order book in the region totals 166 aircraft, which represents 75% of the total pending orders in the region.

In detail, Airbus forecasts expect the delivery of 750 single-aisle aircraft, such as the A220 or the A320, and some 170 larger aircraft, such as the A330neo or the A350.

These devices are intended, in 45% of cases, to replace aging models, and for the remaining 55% to fleet growth projects, he adds.

On the Paris Stock Exchange, the Airbus share rose by 1.3% on Monday morning in the first exchanges, an increase generally in line with that of the CAC 40 index.

Copyright (c) 2023 News Bulletin 247. All rights reserved.