Rhodes: The two perpetrators of the murder of the 46-year-old contractor are in custody – What the indictment says against them

by

The 53-year-old and his 20-year-old son were given a deadline of September 10 to apologize – What one of the two said in his apology

Criminal prosecution for manslaughter by intent, in a calm state of mind as an accomplice was brought by the First Instance Prosecutor of Rhodes against the 53-year-old Roditis and his 20-year-old son, for the death of the 46-year-old foreign contractor of Albanian origin, father of three minor children, writes the rodiaki.gr.

Father and son, following the arrest warrants issued against them, were brought in a short time ago, accompanied by their lawyers Mr. Aki Dimitriadis, Dimitris Dimitriadis and Dimitris Verberis, before Ms. Prosecutor where they were informed of the “heavy” prosecutions they face.

They were then referred to the interrogation from where they requested and got a deadline to apologize on September 10 and until then their detention continues.

According to information as well as the file that has been filed, the 53-year-old father has confessed (in preliminary investigation) to the police that he killed the 46-year-old foreigner but that it was an accident as everything happened in the context of self-defense against him.

The 53-year-old allegedly said that the contractor went to his hotel to ask him to give him the money he owed him (a sum of more than 70,000 euros), was in a drunken state and attacked his 20-year-old son.

In order to save his child, the 53-year-old said, he stepped in the middle and hit the foreigner, while also putting a rope around his neck. When his death was established, they took him together (father and son) to an area between Psinthos and Afantos.

He even indicated this point this morning during homology to the police where the 46-year-old man was found wearing only his underwear and with the rope next to him.

As is known, the contractor left his home on Sunday, August 28, 2022 and had not given any signs of life since then.

As the days passed and the 46-year-old foreigner did not return or answer his phone, his wife and brother on Wednesday, August 31, went to the police where they reported him missing.

Investigations to locate him immediately began and on September 1, the 46-year-old’s car was found at a distance of about 400 meters from his house, unlocked and without the keys.

You May Also Like

Recommended for you