spot_img
Monday, November 28, 2022
HomeOpinionElectrician and owner of studio apartment guilty for death of 22-year-old man...

Electrician and owner of studio apartment guilty for death of 22-year-old man in Larissa who died of electric shock

-

- Advertisement -

The president of the Court announced the guilty verdict of both defendants, who were sentenced to three years in prison for the charge of murder, while the electrician was sentenced to an additional 4 months in prison for the second charge, of making a false statement

Three-year prison sentences imposed yesterday by the Three-member Misdemeanor Court of Larissa on an apartment owner, as well as on an electrical engineer, who were referred accused of manslaughter and false statement of responsibility, on the occasion of the death of a 22-year-old student from an electric shockwho rented a studio apartment that, in the most tragic way, turned out to be unsafe.

- Advertisement -

“A sad and regrettable incident”, as described by the District Attorney, as a 22-year-old man, who was in Larissa from Karpenisi to study, finally lost his life, when he suffered an electric shock, after the ground-floor studio apartment he rented in the area of ​​the former Academy, despite as required by law, does not have a differential protection device (leakage relay) installed in the electrical installation of the house.

The student at TEI of Larissa, Alexandros Tsialtas, upon completing his studies and having found work in Larissa, was mortally wounded on January 4, 2019, when, according to the indictment, while sitting on his bed he “approached his left foot, which was damp, to the radiator grills operating at maximum, a leakage of electricity – either from the electrical resistances through the grills like an arc or from the left body base, which was broken and held by a rubber band, consequently resting on the carpet, which was probably damp and not dampened by the non-existent body electrical plug ground, was not further rejected by the leakage relay which there was none, resulting in the passage of electricity through his body and his death by electrocution, which would certainly have been avoided if the leakage relay had been installed in the electrical panel.

- Advertisement -

They referred to the facts in their statements yesterday the parents, brother and friends of the unfortunate student, noting, among other things, that they were informed of the real cause of the 22-year-old, after the forensic report. The expert who drew up the report also testified, while in his testimony the elderly owner of the studio flat denied the accusation, saying that he did not know anything and that the electrician was the one who did the installation. The electrician did not appear at the trial, but was represented, with his lawyer noting that everything foreseen during the installation was done, as well as a leakage relay was installed, which was removed along the way, unknown how.

The District Attorney noted that the 22-year-old’s electrocution “is due to the fact that there was no leakage relay and in addition to the undisputed responsibility of the electrician, there is also the converging responsibility of the owner, who should have ensured the installation of a leakage relay in the electrical panel and the house to it’s completely safe.” It is clear that electric shock occurred because there was no relay leakages, something so simple and given”, concluded the prosecutor, proposing the guilt of the two defendants for manslaughter, while for the electrician, she also proposed his guilt, as he is also accused of the act of making a false statement.

The President of the Court announced the guilty verdict of both defendants, who were sentenced to three years in prison for the charge of murder, while the electrician was sentenced to an additional 4 months in prison for the second charge, of making a false statement. The sentences were suspended for three years.

- Advertisement -
spot_img
Terrance
Terrance
I am Terrance Carlson, author at News Bulletin 247. I mostly cover technology news and I have been working in this field for a long time. I have a lot of experience and I am highly knowledgeable in this area. I am a very reliable source of information and I always make sure to provide accurate news to my readers.

Related articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

1,250FansLike
1,500FollowersFollow

Latest posts