The local veterinary authorities of the Regional Unit of Serres were immediately activated for the case of African swine fever
African swine fever was detected by the Directorate of the Athens Veterinary Center in a dead female wild boar in the Municipal Unit of Petritsiou of the Municipality of Sintiki Serres, as announced by the Ministry of Rural Development and Food.
Following the order of the competent Deputy Minister of Rural Development and Food, Simos Kedikoglou, all the competent veterinary services of the HYPAAT, the local veterinary authorities of the Regional Unit of Serres were activated, while at the same time it is planned to take all the necessary measures to deal with the disease in accordance with the community and National legislation.
1. The activation of the National Center for Disease Control and the National Task Force on African Swine Fever.
2. Activation of the local disease control center to deal with the disease in P.E. Serres as provided for in article 4 of the Emergency Response Plan to combat African Swine Fever (Decision 260918/14.01.2009 Official Gazette B΄ 75 22.01.2009).
3. Demarcation of contaminated area.
4. Measures on pig holdings located within the demarcated contaminated area.
5. Intensive passive surveillance of wild boars and domestic pigs within the demarcated infected area.
6. Measures in the Regional Unit of Serres, as provided for in (Decision 260918/14.01.2009 Official Gazette B΄ 75 22.01.2009).
It should be noted that the African Swine Fever virus is not transmissible to humans and has nothing to do with public health.
Read the News today and get the latest news.
Follow Skai.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news.
I have worked as a journalist for over 10 years, and my work has been featured on many different news websites. I am also an author, and my work has been published in several books. I specialize in opinion writing, and I often write about current events and controversial topics. I am a very well-rounded writer, and I have a lot of experience in different areas of journalism. I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.