The dish is popular in Israel and on any brunch menu you are lucky to find it
Why we love it: This healthy dish is popular in Israel, and you’re lucky enough to find it on any brunch menu. Made with the incredibly tasty tomato sauce, Shakshuka will warm your soul instantly.
What you will need:
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, sliced
- 8 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 spoons of tomato paste
- 6 eggs
- parsley, chopped
How to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the garlic and jalapeño.
- When the garlic is golden and the jalapeño has softened, add the tomatoes. Add the cumin, paprika and tomato paste and mix.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Carefully break the eggs into the tomato sauce. Once the eggs look cooked – about 8 minutes – cover the pan to cook the top of the eggs, checking every now and then to make sure the yolks aren’t overcooked.
- Garnish with sea salt, black pepper and parsley. Serve with fresh bread.
Read the News today and get the latest news.
Follow Skai.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news.
I have worked as a journalist for over 10 years, and my work has been featured on many different news websites. I am also an author, and my work has been published in several books. I specialize in opinion writing, and I often write about current events and controversial topics. I am a very well-rounded writer, and I have a lot of experience in different areas of journalism. I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.