According to what the representative of EL.AS told SKAI, at the moment there is a reduction in the phenomena and the roads have been opened to traffic. However, the picture may change later
All roads are also open to heavy vehicles, according to the latest update from the police on severe weather Barbara.
According to the latest information from the Police, the traffic of all vehicles is allowed on the Athens-Thessaloniki highway, along its entire length in both traffic streams.
In addition, the movement of all heavy vehicles is allowed:
-On the Athens-Lamia national road from the height of the Kalyftakis A/C to the limits of the prefecture of Attica.
– Along the entire length of Attiki Street, the Western Regional Egaleo as well as on their side road network.
The roads that remain closed in Attica are:
– The Pentelis-Neas Makris ring road from S.N. Pentelis 414 to Agios Petros.
– The old Elefsina-Thebes national road in both traffic streams from X/T 5,000 (Revoil-former Cyclon gas station) to the borders of the Prefecture of Attica with the Prefecture of Voiotia (T/T 30,000).
– The provincial road Tatoiou-Ag. Mercuriou from the height of the junction with Chlois street (royal estates) in Varybompi in the traffic flow towards Ag. Mercury.
– The provincial road Malakasas-Ag.Merkouriou from the height of its junction with Tyrtaiou street in Afidnes, in the traffic flow towards Ag. Mercury.
– Anastaseos Street in Papagou, from the height of its junction with Anatolis Street towards Ymittos.
– Pylostomou Street from the height of its junction with Selinia Street up to the area of Kaki Vigla in Salamina.
– Phylis Avenue from the height of Thrasyvoulos Street in the traffic flow towards Hasia.
– Parnithos Avenue from the height of Noussi Street to Parnitha, while on the Megaron-Alepochori provincial road at the height of the Louba area to Alepochori, traffic is conducted only with the use of anti-skid chains.
EL.AS spokesperson: Maybe the roads will be closed again
According to what the representative of EL.AS Konstantina Dimoglidou said earlier to SKAI, at the moment there is a reduction in the phenomena and the roads have been opened to traffic.
However, she added, from noon the effects may be more intense and some roads may have to be closed again.
He said that anyone in need can call the police and the fire department.
According to Mrs. Dimoglidou, more than 750 checks have been carried out on vehicles for anti-skid chains.
Parnithos avenue remains closed from the height of Noussi street to Parnitha, while on the Megaron-Alepochorio provincial road at the height of the Louba area to Alepochori, traffic is conducted only with the use of anti-skid chains.
A message via 112 was sent shortly before 8 am to the residents of Attica warning them of dangerous snowfall in their area until noon and calling on them to drastically limit their movements.
Specifically, the message states: “Message for dangerous snowfall in Attica until noon. Strictly limit your movements and follow the instructions of the Authorities.
Self-protection instructions here.
It is open Attiki Odos which was closed yesterday afternoon from the Metamorfosi junction to the Elefsina junction.
Schistos Avenue was opened to traffic.
No Metro to and from the airport
The movement of Metro trains in the section to and from the Airport was interrupted, after a relevant information from the OSE due to the severe weather phenomena.
According to information from STASY, Metro passengers heading to the airport transfer to the station “Dukissis Plakentias” on the Suburban railway.
Also, with the safety of the passenger public in mind, OASA announced that today bus routes will gradually start running after 06.30 in the morning, except for the following lines whose start will be delayed due to weather conditions and the frost that is occurring in some areas.
301-301B, 304-305, 306, 307, 308, 314, 319, 324, 326, 535, 535A , 861, 861B, 749, 723, 537, 862, 712, 709, 805, 036, 235, 203 214,242, 204, 250, 301,301B, 302, 402, 211, 410, 409. 411, 416, 421,, 444, 446,608, 220-221, 651,653, A5, B5, E14, A7, X97, 450-451 460-461, 405, 024, 420, 421, 444, 057, 700, 054, 719, 720, 604, 605, 730, 732, 501, 527, 541, 560, 747, 748, 755, 821, 822, 823, 706, A7, A8, A11, B11, 701, 704, 705, 731, 602, 642.
It is recalled that a special timetable will be in place for the operation of buses and trolleys today. The traveling public will be able to be informed of the daily special timetable for each line from the OASA Telemetics application as well as from the 11185 information centre.
Read the News today and get the latest news.
Follow Skai.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news.
I have worked as a journalist for over 10 years, and my work has been featured on many different news websites. I am also an author, and my work has been published in several books. I specialize in opinion writing, and I often write about current events and controversial topics. I am a very well-rounded writer, and I have a lot of experience in different areas of journalism. I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.