The traffic police are on heightened operational alert while the ban on trucks is among the measures
Increased measures road safety measures across the territory will be in place during the Halloween and Shrove Monday celebrations.
During the festive period, the bans on the movement of trucks and cars with a maximum permissible weight of more than 3.5 tons will apply
The Greek Police, in view of the celebration of Halloween and Shrove Mondayreceives, from 24 to 27 February 2023, increased Traffic measures on the entire road network of the Country, with the aim of the safe movement of citizens and the prevention and prevention of traffic accidents.
The planning was carried out based on the Strategic Planning of the Hellenic Police Headquarters, for full and continuous operation of all Traffic Services and includes:
- policing of the road network by sector, based on the particular traffic conditions of each region,
- increased police presence and enhanced policing of the points of the road network, where there is a frequency of road accidents,
- increased traffic measures at the entrances and exits of large urban centers, where a lot of vehicle traffic is observed,
- regulation of traffic with pedestrian traffic wardens, at key intersections, to avoid traffic congestion,
- increased traffic measures in places where mass passenger traffic is observed (airports, ports, stations, etc.),
- traffic regulations in places where festive events will take place,
- presence of traffic wardens at the Toll Stations of the Country to facilitate traffic, inform and advise drivers and passengers and
- informing the citizens through the Press Offices, in any case where it becomes necessary to inform the public widely about the existence of any traffic and other problems.
At the same time, the plan provides for the formation of special traffic control teams, at alternating points of the road network, focusing, among other things, on the attestation of dangerous violations, as well as violations that, based on statistical data, are responsible for causing serious traffic accidents, such as:
- driving under the influence of alcohol,
- using a mobile phone while driving,
- not using a protective helmet – safety belt,
- irregular overtaking and double dividing line crossings, etc.,
- not using special means of restraint and protection, such as seats, safety belts, etc., when transporting children in vehicles,
- driving of vehicles by minors and persons who do not have a driving license, driving to demonstrate ability, circulation of vehicles, which have not undergone a regular or extraordinary technical inspection within the specified period, worn tires and
- abnormal traffic of vehicles in the Emergency Lane (E.L.A.).
Throughout the implementation of the measures, both the personnel and the means of the Hellenic Police, mainly the Traffic Police Services, will be on increased operational readiness. Specifically, patrol cars, motorcycles and conventional vehicles will be made available, with the corresponding personnel and equipment for the effective policing of the country’s road network.
It is noted that, during the festive period, the bans on the movement of trucks with a maximum permissible weight of more than 3.5 tons will apply.
The Hellenic Police, on the occasion of the upcoming holiday season, reminds once again to all drivers and road users that road safety is everyone’s business.
In this context, it recommends to citizens:
Before traveling, they should do a technical check on their vehicle and be informed about the condition of the road network and the weather conditions.
Be especially careful while driving and observe the rules of the Road Traffic Code.
To respect the road markings and comply with the instructions of the traffic controllers.
Do not use mobile phones or other distracting devices while driving.
Not to consume alcoholic beverages if they are going to drive.
To protect children riding in the vehicle, using child seats.
They must necessarily “wear” seat belts, just like helmets on motorcycles.
To use anti-slip chains, where there are special traffic conditions (frost, etc.).
Not to overestimate their driving skills and the technical capabilities of their vehicles.
To respect and protect fellow passengers and fellow human beings who use the road network, driving their vehicle with responsibility and caution.
I have worked as a journalist for over 10 years, and my work has been featured on many different news websites. I am also an author, and my work has been published in several books. I specialize in opinion writing, and I often write about current events and controversial topics. I am a very well-rounded writer, and I have a lot of experience in different areas of journalism. I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.