Perfect for a dish with eggs and arugula salad
Mix the ingredients immediately before cooking, otherwise the vegetables will begin to release their juices into the mixture. You can use any combination of grated vegetables, e.g. fennel, beetroot and broccoli.
What you will need:
2 cups separately, with grated potato, carrot and sweet potato
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, melted
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- ¼ cup plain flour 2 teaspoons salt
- ground pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- olive oil, for cooking
- to serve: 4 fried or poached eggs, warm roasted tomatoes, arugula
How to make it:
- Spread the grated potato on a large clean towel and wrap tightly. Holding the ends, twist to extract as much liquid as possible, then place in a large bowl. Add the carrots, sweet potato, parsley, garlic and cumin seeds and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, flour, salt and some pepper and mix again until combined. Add the egg.
- Heat some oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. In batches, add ½ cup of the mixture to the pan and use a fork to spread it into an even layer, but don’t crowd them. Cook for about 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Divide into 4 plates and serve with egg, roasted tomatoes and salad.
I have worked as a journalist for over 10 years, and my work has been featured on many different news websites. I am also an author, and my work has been published in several books. I specialize in opinion writing, and I often write about current events and controversial topics. I am a very well-rounded writer, and I have a lot of experience in different areas of journalism. I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.