More than 5 million calls has served, in its 18 months of operation, in 1555, the Single Citizen Service Number of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs.

As of March 19, 2023, 1555 had received a total of 5,319,662 calls, of which 5,011,197 were answered, with an average waiting time of no more than 22 seconds.

From these calls (5,011,197), 99.72% have been answered either immediately or within a few days. The remaining 0.28% concerns personalized requests, which are handled by special groups of officials of the ministry and the supervised entities.

As reported by the ministry Labor and Social Affairs in its announcement, e-EFKA collects the largest number of calls, since, so far, 3,549,575 calls from citizens (70.83% of the 5,011,197 answered calls) have been answered for issues under its jurisdiction. The percentage of resolved requests amounts to 99.8%.

For matters under the jurisdiction of the Public Employment Service (PYPA), a total of 714,061 calls have been handled (14.25% of the total) and the percentage of resolved requests reaches 99.96%.

536,514 calls have been answered for issues under the authority of the Welfare Benefits and Social Solidarity Organization (OPEKA), 150,611 calls for labor relations issues, 18,797 calls for social solidarity issues and 7,791 calls for gender equality/demographic policy issues.

In 1555 has forwarded 5,148 calls directly on the SOS Line 15900 for immediate counseling and psychological support for female victims of violence, as well as 4,440 calls concerning the Personal Assistant for Persons with Disabilities. Also, 7,391 calls have been forwarded, concerning complaints to the Independent Labor Inspection Authority.

At the same time, the use of the upgraded website is steadily increasing, through which citizens can use the available digital services of all agencies supervised by the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, submit and monitor the progress of personalized requests, without requiring a call to the call center.

Until March 19, 2023, 30,928 requests had been submitted through

The Minister of Labor and Social Affairs, Kostis Hatzidakis, after his visit today to the 1555 call center, said: “1555 is a line, to find an end. In 1.5 years, he had 5 million calls. Half of Greece called. Most importantly, though, over 99% of those calls went through. Nothing to do with the past. I also note the sensitivity with which the call center employees handle the calls.”