You will need a maximum of 30 minutes for this salad
Let’s say we’re on a mission to bring a little more spring to the table.
This recipe with fresh beans will be served with vinaigrette and bacon and will be a new, fresh version to make your beans. The spicy dressing will make you reconsider all your previous opinions about salads with green vegetables. Try it with Brussels sprouts.
What you will need:
- 225 gr. bacon, diced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 500 g of fresh green beans
How to make it:
- Put the bacon in a large pan. Sauté over medium-low heat until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan, saute the onion and garlic over medium-low heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Pour in the vinegar, mustard and maple syrup. Cook until dressing thickens slightly, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl and wipe out the pan.
- Put the clean pan back on medium to high heat and heat the oil. Add the beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned and tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with the bacon and dressing before serving.
- If extra dressing results, know that it can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Heat it in the microwave or in a pan with some hot water before serving it with salads or other green vegetables.
I have worked as a journalist for over 10 years, and my work has been featured on many different news websites. I am also an author, and my work has been published in several books. I specialize in opinion writing, and I often write about current events and controversial topics. I am a very well-rounded writer, and I have a lot of experience in different areas of journalism. I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.