71% of offenses related to speeding, not wearing a protective helmet, not wearing a seat belt, disqualification and illegal parking
The checks are ongoing based on the standing orders of its political and physical leadership Hellenic Police throughout the Greek territory.
Space specifically from 17 to 23 September 2023, 118,380 traffic checks of drivers and vehicles were carried out and they were assured 28,178 violations.
In more detail, violations were confirmed by region, as follows:
- 7,979 in Attica,
- 4,576 in Thessaloniki,
- 2,470 in Western Greece,
- 2,283 in Crete,
- 1,803 in Central Macedonia,
- 1,482 in Central Greece,
- 1,468 in Eastern Macedonia and Thrace,
- 1,385 in the Peloponnese,
- 1,217 in Epirus,
- 1,087 in Thessaly,
- 951 in the South Aegean,
- 579 in the Ionian Islands,
- 500 in the North Aegean and
- 398 in Western Macedonia.
In particular, the violations confirmed concern:
- 10,331 for illegal parking,
- 4,801 for excessive speed,
- 2,275 for driving without a driver’s license,
- 1,796 for not wearing a protective helmet,
- 903 for not wearing a seat belt,
- 707 for drunk driving,
- 665 for K.T.E.O.,
- 447 for uninsured vehicles,
- 422 for mobile phone use,
- 251 for signal violation,
- 192 for noises,
- 187 for illegal overtaking,
- 172 for driving in the opposite traffic flow,
- 160 for abnormal maneuvers,
- 131 for worn tires,
- 99 for not keeping a safe distance,
- 67 for opposite traffic on a one-way street,
- 63 for exhaust gases,
- 57 for overweight-cargo dimensions,
- 48 for driver distraction,
- 34 for violation of traffic signal,
- 28 for breach of priority,
- 25 for lack of seat belt,
- 23 for not using child seats,
- 17 for improper use of lights,
- 14 for movement in the left lane,
- 8 for not driving on the right side of the road,
- 6 for violation of pedestrian priority at a crossing and
- 4,249 other violations.
The Greek Police attaches particular importance to road safety issues and in this context the controls will continue with unabated intensity in order to reduce traffic accidents.
In addition, targeted actions and specialized traffic controls of the Attica Traffic Directorate were carried out on a daily basis throughout the week from September 18 to 24, 2023, in the area of the coastal E.O. Athens-Souni, with the aim of dealing with improvised races, as well as other dangerous violations that lead to traffic accidents, disturb the safety of transportation and the smooth and safe movement of citizens.
A total of 649 traffic checks of drivers and vehicles were carried out, while 318 violations were confirmed, for which the corresponding administrative fines were imposed.
In more detail, the violations confirmed were:
- 61 for not wearing a helmet,
- 30 for speeding,
- 23 for drunkenness,
- 21 for not using a seat belt,
- 18 for mobile phone use,
- 18 for violating a red light,
- 13 for deprivation of driving license,
- 11 for noise violations,
- 4 to demonstrate skills,
- 2 for improvised matches.
- 2 for abnormal maneuvers and
- 115 for other violations.
- In addition, 22 pairs of license plates, 84 traffic licenses, 97 driving licenses were removed, while 16 vehicles were transferred.
Controls will continue with the same intensity in other areas of Attica, which show increased and dangerous delinquency.
I have worked as a journalist for over 10 years, and my work has been featured on many different news websites. I am also an author, and my work has been published in several books. I specialize in opinion writing, and I often write about current events and controversial topics. I am a very well-rounded writer, and I have a lot of experience in different areas of journalism. I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.