Prisoner, following a lawsuit by his wife, a 38-year-old man from Larissa was found on New Year’s Daywho was arrested by police officers of the Department of his area, accused of breaching personal data law.

The 38-year-old was referred yesterday before the Criminal Prosecutor’s Office, which according to information from the newspaper “Freedom” and republishes on , ordered a further preliminary investigation in order for the Directorate of Criminal Investigations of EL.AS. to recover data from the 38-year-old’s mobile phone, which his wife broke in her anger.

The 38-year-old in one “movement of desperation” and in order “not to lose his wife” as according to information he allegedly said justifying his stance – he will be found before the justice accused of violation of individual privacy and communication as provided for in the Criminal Code for anyone who “wrongfully monitors with special technical means or captures on a physical medium an oral conversation between third parties who do not is conducted in public or captures on a physical entity a non-public act of another”an offense punishable by imprisonment of at least one year.

The 38-year-old, according to what was reported to the relevant Police Department, on the occasion of personal and family disputes, ignoring the consequences of the law, deemed it appropriate shortly before noon on December 31 to place his mobile phone in the bathroom of the house, hiding it in the laundry basket in order not to be noticed. Recording like this “private moments of members of his family, without their knowledge” as reported to EL.AS. with the wife realizing her husband’s act, destroying the phone.

The telephone device, which became non-functional due to the wear and tear caused by the wife, was nevertheless confiscated by EL.AS. in order to be sent for laboratory testing to recover data. After the complainant allegedly reported that the mobile phone was placed in the bathroom and had been turned on by filming the area, while according to the arrested husband, the mobile phone had indeed been turned on but only to record, in order, as explained, to investigate the validity of the suspicions of the husband.

The 38-year-old, after the lawsuit against him, was arrested on New Year’s afternoon and finally released yesterday morningafter the decision of the Attorney General to order further preliminary investigation.