spot_img
Sunday, January 29, 2023
HomeSportsJudge determines preventive detention and no right to bail for Daniel Alves

Judge determines preventive detention and no right to bail for Daniel Alves

-

- Advertisement -

A judge from Barcelona determined late this Friday (20) Spanish afternoon (20) the preventive arrest and without the possibility of bail of the Brazilian soccer player Daniel Alves, 39.

He had been detained in the morning when he appeared at the police station in Las Corts, where a unit against sexual crimes operates, after being subpoenaed to answer for an alleged sexual assault, which he denied in an interview earlier this month.

- Advertisement -

From there, minutes after arriving, Alves was transferred to the City of Justice in Barcelona, ​​where he was to give evidence. According to the player’s advice, he volunteered.

The alleged sexual assault reportedly took place on the night of December 30 last year at the Sutton Barcelona nightclub, which bills itself as “one of the most exclusive clubs in the world”.

- Advertisement -

The woman, whose name was not released, said she was with friends at the club when she went to the bathroom. There, the player would have put his hand under her dress.

According to the woman’s testimony, taken on January 2, she returned crying to her friends, saying that she had been harassed by a “famous man”. Security guards were called, and the police were called.

On January 5, Alves participated in the program “Y Ahora Sonsoles”, on TV Antena 3, and stated that he was in the same disco as the woman who accuses him, but denied having touched her without permission.

“I would like to deny everything, first of all. I was there, with other people, I was having fun. Everyone knows that I like to dance. But without invading other people’s space. Always respecting the surroundings. I don’t know who it is this lady, I don’t know her,” he said.

Daniel was on vacation in the city, before returning to Pumas, from Mexico, after the World Cup dispute in Qatar with the Brazilian team. Alves left European football in 2022, when he closed his second cycle at Barcelona.

The Brazilian had asked the Mexican club for permission to miss a championship match, due to the death of his mother-in-law, mother of Spanish model Joana Sanz. That’s why he was in Barcelona this week.

- Advertisement -
spot_img

Related articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

1,250FansLike
1,500FollowersFollow

Latest posts