Turkey plans to evacuate some injured or sick children from Gaza tomorrow Friday, as part of the third round of evacuations, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca announced tonight.

So far Turkey has received 150 people, mostly cancer patients and their companions, from Gazain order to continue their treatment in Turkish hospitals.

More than 100 Turks and their family members were also removed from the Palestinian enclave this week.

Speaking from Ankara airport, Koca said three sick children from Gaza were taken to Turkey for treatment today. They are a 2-year-old boy and two girls aged 9 and 10.

The third round, during which 50 people will be removed from Gaza, was delayed due to problems in securing permission for them to leave the enclave, the minister explained.

These problems have now been resolved and authorities are finalizing preparations, he added.

We expect the third evacuation to take place tomorrow (Friday) and will mainly involve children and young people“, he told reporters, noting that these are mainly injured and a few cancer patients. None of the 50 are in critical condition.

Turkey has sent about 800 tons of humanitarian aid to Egypt for Gazans and says it wants to set up a field hospital inside the enclave, near the Rafah border crossing. Koca said today that a coordination mechanism made up of Turkish, Egyptian and Israeli officials is working to find a suitable location for this hospital.