A total of four were the blows that Israel did to Nasser Hospital on Monday, during his attack on southern Gaza, according to a new video from the BBC Verify team.
The hospital attack, which claimed the lives of at least 20 people, including five journalists, has caused world shock and rage, with many countries condemning the tactics of the Israeli army.
Initial reports from Gaza reported that Israel hit the hospital twice, with the first explosion being followed by a second nine minutes later, which claimed the life of the first rescuers to reach the spot and the journalists who went to cover the event.
However, a new analysis suggests that the hospital has received a total of four blows. The BBC Verify and experts who analyzed the video found that two hospital staircases were hit almost simultaneously during the first blow, and two separate blows were carried out during the second attack, amid fractions of a second.
The BBC Verify managed to find out the four blows by analyzing dozens of videos provided by an independent journalist on the field as well as videotaped material from eyewitnesses circulating online.
In the first attack, Israel hit the outer staircase on the east side of the hospital at 10:08am local time (07:08 GMT), killing journalist Husam al-Masri, who was making a live television broadcast for the Reuters news agency.
The BBC Verify has now identified yet another explosion in the hospital’s northern wing almost at the same time, for which there were no reports before it was overshadowed by the “double” blow to the east wing staircase.
New shots seem to be smoke coming out of both staircases, which appear to have been damaged, and rescuers said the hospital operating section was hit.
Other videos show an injured man being transported from the northern wing of the northern wing and his hospital manager holding torn and bloodied clothes, which he said, wearing a nurse working in the operating department when it was hit.
NP Jenzen-Jones-the director of the weapons of weapons and ammunition intelligence research services-said the plan “seems to show internal damage to a relatively small ammunition, including an input hole indicating ammunition with a relatively flat orbit.
About nine minutes later, while dozens of rescuers and journalists were in the eastern stairway, Israeli forces hit the hospital again.
Although the explosion had been recorded live by media, frame-by-frame video analysis clearly shows that two separate missiles launched by Israeli forces hit the millimeters of second and staircase.
Experts, however, disagree with the type of ammunition used in the third and fourth attack.
Some ammunition analysts that shared the BBC Verify have recognized the missiles as Lahat missiles, a guided ammunition that can be launched by tanks, drones and helicopters. Several media in Israel were implied that the ammunition used against the hospital were thrown out of Israeli tanks nearby.
Experts who spoke to the BBC Verify note that the explosions could not be caused by a single battle chariot, due to the time between the wounds are minimal.
“If these Lahats were launched from the ground, then they have been involved in at least two tanks, as the period between the two wounds are very small,” notes Amael Kotlarski, analyst by Janes Defense Information Society. “No system of battle tanks could be refilled so quickly.”
Mr Jenzen-Jones also stresses that “the impact of two missiles almost at exactly the same moment indicates that two battle tanks may have hit the target at the same time.”
Although he said that it was not possible to clearly identify the ammunition used, the seemingly physical characteristics and the flight pattern “indicate a” multipurpose “tanks” projectile, such as the Israeli model M339 “.
Satellite images examined by the BBC Verify show forces of the Israel’s defense forces are 2.5 km northeast of Nasere Hospital and on the day of the attack. Other armored vehicles were also found.
Israeli defense forces (IDF) said they have no additional commentary on recent BBC Verify revelations.
However, it is worth noting that Israel’s narrative on the attack has changed in the interval. Initially, Israel said it was hit in the hospital area, saying that it “regrets any damage to non -involved people” and that it would launch an initial investigation as soon as possible, but did not give any excuse for the attack.
In the following hours, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu acknowledged that Israel was responsible for the attack and said he was “deeply sorry for the tragic accident”.
Subsequently, on Tuesday, the IDFs said the initial investigation found that the Israeli troops had identified a camera placed by Hamas in the hospital area and “used to monitor the activity of IDF troops”, but without providing evidence.
Meanwhile, IDFs have not yet admitted that they have done more than one strike in the hospital amid allegations by some international legal experts that they may have violated international law.
Intentional attacks on citizens who are “excessive in relation to the specific and immediate military advantage expected” is prohibited under the fourth Geneva Convention.
“An attacker reasonably should expect dozens of victims among the civilians, as a hospital is full of protected people,” notes Professor Gianina Dill of the University of Oxford.
Professor Deil adds that “the simple presence of equipment belonging to an opponent” does not mean that a hospital or medical establishment loses its protection status under the laws of war.
Finally, it is worth noting that at least 247 journalists have been killed in Gaza since October 7, 2023, according to the UN, which is the highest blood tax that the journalistic community has ever paid in a war.
Source :Skai
With a wealth of experience honed over 4+ years in journalism, I bring a seasoned voice to the world of news. Currently, I work as a freelance writer and editor, always seeking new opportunities to tell compelling stories in the field of world news.