The Federal Revenue deposits, next Friday (30), the last batch of refund of the 2022 Income Tax to 1.220 million taxpayers. The money is paid into the account informed when declaring the IR or through Pix and will be adjusted by 4.22% based on the basic interest rate, the Selic.
Due to taxpayer error or because the account has been deactivated, the amounts to which you are entitled may not be paid. In this case, you will need to request the money, according to the IRS.
The IR refund is available for up to one year after release. This means that the taxpayer will have until September of next year to redeem it. The rule also applies to those who entered previous batches of the tax and did not receive the refund.
The redemption of values is made at Banco do Brasil. It is necessary to reschedule the credit of the amounts on the BB Portal or by calling the BB Relationship Center, on the telephone numbers 4004-0001 (capital cities), 0800-7290001 (other locations) and 0800-7290088 (special telephone exclusively for the hearing impaired).
On the BB page, the taxpayer must go to “Consult your Income Tax Refund – Click Here”. Then, it is necessary to enter the CPF and the amount of the IR to be refunded, plus interest to be paid. This amount is obtained from the e-CAC Portal, which is the Federal Revenue Service’s Virtual Service Center, with a password for the gov.br service.
In e-CAC, after entering CPF and password, go to “My Income Tax (DIRPF Statement)”, on the left side of the screen. Then click on “Processing Statement” and choose the year 2022. The document with the information will open. In “Final Result”, will be the values.
If the money is not redeemed within one year, it will be necessary to request the credit from the Internal Revenue Service, also on the e-CAC Portal. Go to “Declarations and Statements”, then to “My Income Tax” and finally to “Refund”, click on “Request a refund not redeemed on the Banking Network”.
Taxpayer who fell into the fine mesh does not receive
To request the credit of the refund that was not paid, the taxpayer needs to be sure that he was entitled to the amounts and that he did not fall into the fine mesh of the Income Tax. When declaring the IR, not everyone refunds. There are those who pay and there are those who do not have to pay or receive any amount.
The refund consultation was opened this Friday (23). It can be done on the Revenue website or through the e-CAC. In the e-CAC, there are more details. If there is an error in the declaration, for example, this information will be on the tax statement.
The taxpayer can also wait for tax notice. This September, the Federal Revenue should send letters to 444 thousand people who made a mistake in the IR and need to correct it. The 2022 fine mesh has, however, more than 1 million contributors.
Of the total of 38.2 million declarations received this year, 1.032 million documents were retained in the mesh.
According to the tax authorities, this number represents 2.7% of the total declarations delivered. Eight out of ten have tax to be refunded, totaling 811,782 documents; 198,541 have to pay IR; and 21,956 have a zero balance.
The main reasons for fine mesh are:
- Omission of earnings of the holder or dependent, adding up to 41.9% of the total
- Failure to deduct medical expenses, amounting to 28.6% of the total
- Difference between the IR informed by the taxpayer and the one sent by the company to the Federal Revenue, totaling 21.9%
- Other reasons such as general deductions, including education and others, accumulated income received and divergent information about carnê-leão, totaling 7.6% of the total
HOW TO MAKE THE IR RECTIFIER DECLARATION BY COMPUTER
- Open the Income Tax program
- There are two options to rectify: in the “R”, on the left, or by double-clicking on the declaration that was sent
- In “Taxpayer ID”, on the left, inform that it is a rectifying declaration and enter the original IR receipt number
- Correct the necessary information on the sheets where you made mistakes
- Click on “Check Issues” in the menu on the left, or above, on a green check symbol
- Red pending issues prevent the submission of the declaration; the yellow ones, no; correct what is necessary and go to “Deliver declaration”, on the left or above (earth globe with orange arrow)
- Enter the requested data and transmit the declaration; engrave and/or print the document or receipt