Princes Charles and Harry are talking again

by

Prince Charles, 73, has not seen his youngest son, Prince Harry, 37, for nearly eight months, but several sources have told Page Six they are talking again. Still, one of them admitted that she doesn’t believe they’re all roses.

The two last saw each other in person at Prince Philip’s funeral in April of this year, and Charles — who spent several days this week in Barbados as the city becomes a republic — has yet to meet his granddaughter Lilibet, born in July.

A royal source said Charles was deeply hurt when Harry and Meghan Markle, 40, simply dumped the family that they were giving up their roles and moving abroad. She said she doesn’t think Harry and Charles talked for a long time, but now the channels of communication are open.

The source said it’s not like they’re sitting down for a frank conversation on the phone once a week. Representatives of Charles and Harry and Meghan did not respond to requests for comment.

Last week, Page Six reported that the new book “Brothers and Wives,” by Christoper Andersen, alleges that Charles inadvertently started a biracial feud with Harry and Meghan after asking his wife, Camilla, “What will their kids be like?”

A spokesman for Charles called the account “fiction”. Harry and Meghan have not commented on this, but a highly placed source told The Post this week that they and the people on both sides of the Atlantic in the family are united in agreeing that they do not want to pay more attention to this book.

Harry was brutally honest about his thoughts about his father during his and Meghan’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey in March.

He claimed that his brother William and his father were imprisoned because of their papers, and said that Charles left him financially desolate. Financial accounts released this summer showed that the heir to the throne continued to financially support Harry and Meghan after they stepped down as senior members of the royal family — spending $6.3 million on their children last year.

In May, Harry claimed that Charles expected him to “suffer” as he had suffered, adding that he had gone through a “cycle” of “genetic pain and suffering”. “Just because you’ve suffered doesn’t mean your kids have to suffer… That doesn’t make sense,” said Harry in his Apple+ document series, “The Self You Can’t See.”

The Mail on Sunday reported that father and son planned a one-on-one dinner when Harry returned to Britain in June to unveil a statue of his late mother Princess Diana, but this dinner is not believed to have actually taken place.

Harry and Meghan, Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have not returned to the UK together since their departure in March 2020.

As reported by Page Six, the couple and their two children, Lilibet and Archie, will not join the royal family, including Queen Elizabeth, for Christmas in the UK.

Another source familiar with the inner workings of royalty said the family accepts the situation and that they are not bothered. According to the source, they are accepting things as they are.

Majesty magazine deputy editor Joe Little told Page Six that some thought there might be a Prince Philip memorial service later this year, but it didn’t. “That would have given Harry and Meghan a chance to come.” Clearly, though, a family Christmas would have been a good way to break the ice.

But 2022 will be a big year for the family as the palace team is finalizing plans for the 95-year-old Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June, which will include a concert in the gardens of Buckingham Palace.

Harry and Markle and their children are expected back for the celebrations. A family source said the duke loves and admires his grandmother very much.”

.

You May Also Like

Recommended for you

Immediate Peak