The change in the time limit of the illness certificate that will be valid from now on for foreign air travel was announced by the Civil Aviation Service. In addition, the NOTAMs regarding the entry conditions in our country for international flights are extended until Friday, December 17th.
Specifically, travelers to Greece must now carry a certificate / certificate of illness issued thirty (30) days after the first positive test and its validity lasts up to ninety (90) days after it.
Previous air directives provided that travelers to Greece must carry a certificate of illness valid up to one hundred and eighty (180) days from the date of illness issued on it after thirty (30) days from the first positive test by a public authority in accordance with the relevant legislation.
Especially for the disease certificates issued from 15/7/2021 until 31/10/2021, the aviation directive provides that they remain in force.
There is also a new extension, until Friday, December 17, 2021, of notams with the conditions of entry into the Greek territory for international flights, while the restrictions of arrivals from the 9 African countries (South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Mozambique remain). , Eswatini, Zambia and Malawi). Overseas flight directives aim to limit the spread of COVID-19 disease as well as the new “Omicron” variant (Botswana mutation).
In particular, the air instructions for flights from abroad that will be valid until 17/12/21 provide the following:
Prohibitions of third-country nationals: The aviation directive prohibits third-country nationals other than the EU and the Schengen Agreement, including their spouses or persons with whom they have entered into a cohabitation agreement, as well as minors. their children. Excludes passengers traveling for essential reasons and permanent residents of the following 42 countries: Australia, Northern Macedonia, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, United Kingdom, Israel, Canada, Belarus, New Belarus, Bahrain, South Bahrain , Qatar, China, Kuwait, Ukraine, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Japan, Lebanon, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Jordan, Moldavia, Moldavia, Moldova Turkey, Argentina, India, Uruguay, Sultanate of Oman, Chile, Mexico, Kosovo and Chinese Taipei.
What applies to the PLF: All travelers to Greece, regardless of nationality, fill in the electronic form PLF (Passenger Locator Form), at the electronic address https://travel.gov.gr any time before the departure of the flight to Greece. The proof of completion of the PLF electronic form, which is automatically sent by e-mail to the passenger by the system, is considered a necessary travel document.
Entry into Greece with a vaccine certificate or negative PCR / RAPID TEST or disease certificate or digital certificate: For travelers to Greece, the condition for entry into the country is one of the following:
1) To have completed at least fourteen (14) days before the COVID-19 coronavirus vaccination and to present a vaccination certificate, in Greek, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish or Russian, which has been issued by a public authority.
2) To have been diagnosed negative in a laboratory test for coronavirus COVID-19 by the PCR method within the last seventy two (72) hours, or within forty eight (48) hours before their arrival in Greece for the test with rapid test .
3) Alternatively, travelers to Greece must have a certificate / certificate of illness issued thirty (30) days after the first positive test and its validity lasts up to ninety (90) days after it.
4) Travelers from abroad may also carry, in digital or printed form, a European digital certificate COVID-19 (EU DIGITAL COVID-19 CERTIFICATE) as well as third countries, which contains information on vaccination or its effect final test (48-hour rapid test or 72-hour PCR) or coronavirus disease.
Tests on children from 12 years and over: The obligation of the conditions (vaccine or negative test or certificate of illness or digital certificate), for entry into Greece is valid for children from twelve (12) years and over.
Traveler sampling: In addition to all international passengers, a rapid test will be performed upon arrival, based on the procedure provided by the Passenger Locator Form. If the rapid test is positive, it will be repeated immediately with PCR test. In case the tests find a passenger positive, the quarantine will be valid for 10 days, while if the foreign passenger is vaccinated and the rapid test on arrival shows that he is positive for the disease, he will remain in isolation for 7 days. In both cases (10 or 7 days of temporary restriction), in order to lift the quarantine, the persons are subject to mandatory laboratory testing by PCR on the last day of their temporary restriction. All foreign passengers must faithfully follow the instructions of the health authorities of our country.
Air directive for nationals of Argentina, India, Uruguay, Sultanate of Oman, Mexico and Chile: Permanent residents of these third countries, in addition to all other entry requirements to Greece provided by the foreign air directive, will enter the country with provided that they must be tested at the airport (pcr or rapid) regardless of their vaccination status.
Aviation directive for Russian passengers: All travelers who are permanent residents of Russia to Greece must have a negative PCR (72 hours) or rapid test (48 hours) certificate. This measure is mandatory and applies to all passengers who are permanent residents of Russia, whether vaccinated or not. In addition, all travelers / permanent residents from Russia will be required to take a test with Covid-19 upon arrival in Greece.
Mandatory arrival test for travelers, regardless of nationality, from the following 16 countries (only valid for unvaccinated passengers): Passengers on flights from Egypt, Albania, Argentina, Bulgaria, Brazil, Georgia, Cuba, United States , China, Libya, Morocco, Northern Macedonia, Pakistan, Russia and Turkey, regardless of their nationality, will be required to arrive at the airport. If the rapid test is positive, it will be repeated immediately with PCR test. This airline directive will only apply to passengers who have not been vaccinated as there is an exception for travelers / passengers who have been vaccinated or who have contracted Covid-19.
Overseas flight directing for travelers from South African countries: Especially for passengers whose flight has started from South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Eswatini, Zambia and Malawi are prohibited from entering Greece. Only Greek nationals, their family members and citizens of other countries who travel for essential reasons and meet the following conditions are excluded from the air directive:
1) To have been diagnosed negative in a laboratory test for COVID-19 coronavirus by the PCR method within the last seventy two (72) hours, regardless of their vaccination status.
2) Foreign nationals whose flights depart from the nine (9) countries of Africa, in order to be accepted in Greece must have obtained permission from the local embassies, consulates and consular authorities of other countries, representing our country in in case of absence of a Greek embassy.
3) All travelers from the nine (9) countries of Africa will be required to undergo a rapid test for Covid-19 upon arrival in Greece.
4) After entering the country, a quarantine of ten (10) days will be imposed on a quarantine hotel designated by the competent authorities and re-checking of passengers after the expiration of ten days and the end of the quarantine subject to negative molecular control (PCR).
5) The exceptions for the specific passengers from the nine (9) countries of Africa do not exempt travelers from any other condition of entry into Greece that is already in force.
The use of a mask is mandatory: At arrivals and departures inside airports, as well as during air flights, staff and passengers are required to wear a protective mask. Passengers are also required to comply with the instructions of the permanent and temporary staff of airports or airlines responsible for the duties of supervision, crowd management and assistance to passengers, in order to maintain the necessary distances and to ensure safe and secure access. to avoid overcrowding. The control of the above documents is carried out by the employees of the airlines and by sampling by the police authorities. The airlines are obliged to check the traveler before boarding, in order to confirm that he has the necessary documents and in case of violation they have the obligation to repatriate the passenger at their own risk and expense.
Follow Skai.gr on Google News
and be the first to know all the news
I have worked in the news industry for over 10 years. I have a vast amount of experience in covering health news. I am also an author at News Bulletin 247. I am highly experienced and knowledgeable in this field. I am a hard worker and always deliver quality work. I am a reliable source of information and always provide accurate information.