This is a delightful dessert. It is perfect for holiday tables
What you will need:
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of salted butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 1/4 cups 35% cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
for garnish: cream, chopped roasted pecans and salt
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. In a medium saucepan, heat the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat, without stirring, for about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, put the egg yolks in a large bowl.
- When the sugar and butter mixture becomes a dark caramel, gradually add the cream, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add the salt and vanilla, mixing well.
- Slowly pour the sugar mixture into the egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- Divide the mixture evenly between six oven-safe bowls. Place in a shallow pan, then fill the cavity of the pan with water in the pan until it reaches half the height of the pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- When the cream thickens, remove the pan from the oven and the bowls from the pan and let them cool.
- When it’s ready, serve it with whipped cream, a few chopped pecans and a pinch of salt.
Read the News today and get the latest news.
Follow Skai.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news.
I have worked as a journalist for over 10 years, and my work has been featured on many different news websites. I am also an author, and my work has been published in several books. I specialize in opinion writing, and I often write about current events and controversial topics. I am a very well-rounded writer, and I have a lot of experience in different areas of journalism. I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.