To the Three-member Misdemeanor Court of Appeal of Eastern Crete is being tried today, in the second instance, her highly publicized death case of 4-year-old Melina Paraskaki, as days ago, it was interrupted before it even started.

The 4-year-old angel breathed his last, after routine surgery, at the Venizelio Hospital, at the end of December 2015.

“We had in front of us a pale, frozen child who stopped… You call him alive, because his heart was beating… Of course, he was taking medicines incompatible with life and his ph was low. It was not compatible with a survival prognosis… It was in a very bad condition but we were fighting to save it… The anesthesiologist (accused) told us that she had 15 such episodes in front of her…” states, among other things, in her testimony, a doctor from the PAGNI ICU for time when they received 4-year-old Melina. “We did the right thing,” he added.

The anesthesiologist not present at the trial as she is hospitalized after an operation to which she reportedly underwent, and is represented by her lawyers

As Cretalive had revealed, months ago, there was a turnaround in the case with the intervention of the Prosecutor of the Supreme Court, Isidoros Dogiakos.

The case was to be heard in the second degree, last November and the defense filed an objection, against the Prosecutor’s appeal for lack of justification, which again referred the case to the audience and the Three-member Court of Misdemeanors of Eastern Crete accepted it, despite the contrary proposal of the Prosecutor’s Office of Appeals.

Within two hours, it was there intervention of the Prosecutor of the Supreme Courtwho asked the Appellate Prosecutor’s Office to send the minutes to Athens, so that he himself could examine the rationale of the decision to determine whether it is possible to appeal or not.

Finally, an appeal was filed by the competent prosecutor, which was accepted, and thus we had the hearing of the case of 4-year-old Melina. At the same time, we remind you, as Cretalive had revealed again, that the Venizelio Hospital of Heraklion was forced to pay almost half a million euros to the family of the 4-year-old.