Their turnover would reach 750,000 euros
Over -90- kilos of hemp and -385- hemp plants were seized by the Kalamata Narcotics Prosecution Department.
The months-long and thorough investigations led the police officers of the Narcotics Prosecution Department of the Kalamata Security Sub-Directorate to the arrest of -2- nationals, aged 52 and 60, respectively, who were active in the cultivation of cannabis plants and subsequently in the trafficking of the produced quantity in areas of Attica .
From their action, it is estimated that the expected profits they would obtain are estimated at -750,000- euros.
Their arrest took place yesterday morning (10/8) in areas of Attica, in the context of large-scale parallel police operations, by police officers of the Narcotics Prosecution Department of the Kalamata Security Sub-Directorate, with the assistance of police officers of the Crime Prevention and Suppression Teams (O. P.K.E.) of Messinia, as well as the police drug detection dog of Messinia.
A case file was filed against those arrested for violating the laws on drugs and weapons.
How did they act?
In particular, after a long and thorough police investigation conducted by the Kalamata Narcotics Prosecution Department, utilizing appropriate and combined evidence, as well as the results of natural and scientific methods, it emerged that the above, at least since the month of May of this year, were active in the cultivation of cannabis plants, in suitably designed indoor spaces and on a large farm, which they rented for this purpose in areas of South-Eastern Attica, and subsequently traded the produced quantities in various areas of Attica.
In order to cover up their illegal activity and divert the investigations of the prosecuting authorities, the arrested persons took special counter-surveillance measures.
In particular, they used telephone connections that were not declared in their real data, but in the data of other persons or foreign nationals of third countries (“ghost persons”), while during the conversations between them they communicated with a predetermined agreement code.
In addition, the area for the cultivation and storage of the drugs was far from the perpetrators’ homes, in an isolated rural area outside the urban fabric. They had designed the farm in such a way that their activities could not be seen from the outside, that is, it was fenced and demarcated with a large wall and trees. At the same time, for the ideal conditions for growing and hiding the plants, they had set up greenhouses with shading nets.
What did the investigations find?
During the large-scale operation, yesterday (10/8) morning hours, parallel searches were carried out in the homes of the arrested and a farm, where:
at the 52-year-old’s home, the following were found and confiscated:
• a fully organized and properly configured laboratory for the indoor cultivation of cannabis plants, where -109- cannabis plants were cultivated, in the same number of pots with soil, up to -150- centimeters in height, approximately,
• fully organized and properly configured hydroponic cannabis plant cultivation laboratory, where -59- cannabis plants, up to -30- centimeters in height, were cultivated,
• quantities of cannabis, total weight -46,160.70- grams,
• quantities of processed cannabis, (chocolate type), total weight -125- grams,
• quantities of processed hemp oil, total weight -212- grams,
• small amounts of cocaine,
• -4- cannabis cigarettes,
• -8- packages of hemp seeds,
• -6- precision scales,
• -2- mobile phones,
• -1- vehicle, as a means of committing criminal acts,
• the amount of -11,800- euros, as coming from drug trafficking,
• equipment for indoor cultivation of cannabis plants (power socket, timers, fans, high-power lamps, thermometers, etc.),
• packages of rooting and liquid fertilizers,
• metal thermopress molds and cores,
• -1- revolver,
• -1- air pistol,
• -90- cartridges of various calibers,
• -6- cartridge cases
on a farm in Southeast Attica, were found and seized:
• seven specially designed and properly cleared areas, where cannabis plants, up to -230- centimeters in height, were grown on the ground and in large plastic pots with soil -217-.
• in a warehouse that had been set up in an area for drying hemp plants, a quantity of half-green raw hemp, in the form of a tassel turned upside down for drying, with a total weight of -45,541- grams,
• quantities of processed cannabis, (chocolate type), total weight -14.00- grams,
• -1- mobile phone,
• -1- precision scale,
• -1- shotgun.
Those arrested will be prosecuted, while the police investigation and preliminary investigation work are carried out by the Narcotics Prosecution Department of the Kalamata Security Directorate.
I have worked as a journalist for over 10 years, and my work has been featured on many different news websites. I am also an author, and my work has been published in several books. I specialize in opinion writing, and I often write about current events and controversial topics. I am a very well-rounded writer, and I have a lot of experience in different areas of journalism. I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.