In more detail, the monthly amount of purchases is set at 220 euros, for a single-member household, increasing by 100 euros for each additional member of the household with a maximum purchase limit of 1,000 euros
The extension for the months of November and December 2023 of MarketPass in areas affected by recent natural disasters to cover part of the increased cost of shopping, especially food items, provides for an amendment of the Ministry of National Economy and Finance which was filed yesterday. This is a double financial aid paid with the same criteria and conditions automatically to the beneficiaries of MarketPassII (August – October 2023).
In particular, a 20% subsidy is granted on the monthly amount of purchases. It is recalled that the payment of MarketPass throughout the country is provided for granting 10% of the monthly amount of purchases. In more detail, the monthly amount of purchases is set at 220 euros, for a single-member household, increasing by 100 euros for each additional member of the household with a maximum purchase limit of 1,000 euros. The purchase limit does not apply to beneficiaries with more than 6 dependent children.
The extension of the aid for the months of November – December concerns households that on September 5, 2023 had their main residence in the areas:
• of the Region of Thessaly,
• from the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace in areas:
– of the Evros Regional Unit,
– from the Regional Unit of Rodopi in the areas of the Municipal Unit of Fillyras of the Municipality of Arrian, the Municipal Unit of Sostos of the Municipality of Iasmos, the Municipal Communities of Gratini, Stylari and Sidirados of the Municipal Unit of Komotini of the Municipality of Komotini, the Municipal Community of Maroneia of the Municipal Unit of Maroneia, and of the Municipal Unit of Sapa of the Municipality of Maroneia Sapa,
• from the Regional Unit of Boeotia in the areas of the Municipal Community of Steiri, the Municipal Unit of Distomo of the Municipality of Distomo-Arachova-Antikyra, the Municipal Unit of Kyriaki of the Municipality of Levadea, the Municipal Communities of Agia Triada and Agia Anna, the Municipal Unit of Koroneia of the Municipality of Levadea, the Municipal Unit of Thisvi of the Municipality of Thebes, and of the Municipal Communities of Pyli and Stefanis of the Municipal Unit of Dervenochoria, of the Municipality of Tanagra,
• from the Regional Unit of Fthiotida in the areas of the Municipal Community of Kato Tithorea of the Municipal Unit of Tithorea, the Municipal Unit of Elateia of the Municipality of Amfikleia-Elateia, the Municipality of Domokos, the Municipality of Lamia, the Municipality of Makrakomi, and the Municipality of Stylida.
• from the Regional Unit of Evia in the areas of the Municipality of Limni – Mantoudi – Agia Anna, the Municipal Units of Istiaia, Edipsos, Artemisiou and Orea of the Municipality of Istiaia – Edipsos, the Municipal Community of Aliropotamos of the Municipal Unit of Styria of the Municipality of Karystos.
The examination of residence conditions will be based on of the declaration of main residence in E1 2023, or through the AADE Taxpayer Register.
It is noted that the beneficiaries of the previous MarketPass cycles in the affected areas automatically become beneficiaries of the extension for the months of November – December without the need to re-submit an application. It is reminded that citizens who did not become beneficiaries of the financial aid during the Market Pass I phase, but are potentially beneficiaries under the criteria and conditions of Market Pass II, can submit a relevant application through the digital platform vouchers.gov.gr or through the .E.P.. It is noted that only citizens entitled to Market Pass II in the affected areas automatically become beneficiaries of the two-month extension of the aid.
Beneficiaries will receive the financial aid in the same way they received or will receive the MarketPassII aid, namely:
• either through an immaterial digital card, which they will store on their smart phone and which they will show in their purchases with an expiry date of February 29, 2024.
• either through direct payment of the subsidy amount to a bank account that they will declare. In this case, the beneficiaries will receive 80% of the amount attributable to her.
It is emphasized that the financial support is tax-free, non-assignable and non-confiscatable while it is not possible to transfer to a third party the amount of money credited to the debit card, or to withdraw it.
A joint decision of the Ministers of National Economy and Finance, Development, Climate Crisis and Civil Protection and Digital Governance will follow which will determine the payment dates of the aid as well as the details regarding the points of use of the financial aid.
I have worked as a journalist for over 10 years, and my work has been featured on many different news websites. I am also an author, and my work has been published in several books. I specialize in opinion writing, and I often write about current events and controversial topics. I am a very well-rounded writer, and I have a lot of experience in different areas of journalism. I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.