The Minister of Justice reiterated his commitment to transfer judicial matter from the courts to lawyers and notaries
During the proceedings of the Plenary Session of the Presidents of the Bar Associations of the State, held in Chios, the Minister of Justice George Floridis, from the step, denied the leaks about the imposition of high tariffs for the postponement of cases and fines to lawyers for impermissible conduct in the audience.
According to an announcement by the Plenary, Mr. Floridis accepted the Plenary’s request retired judges not to be appointed to public positionsin particular as heads of independent authorities for at least 2 years after their retirement, a proposal that has already become a provision of law in the recent law on the head of the Judicial Police.
At the same time, Mr. Floridis mentioned with regard to article 187 of the Criminal Code that the resolution of the issue is being promoted through legislation, within the framework of the jointly agreed proposals of the Ministry of Justice and the Bar Association.
Also, regarding the “Judicial Kallikratis”, Mr. Floridis, after taking into account the proposals of the World Bank and the working group, will make the necessary arrangements, without abolishing the existing judicial formations.
According to the announcement of the Plenary, the Minister of Justice reiterated his commitment to transfer case law from the courts to lawyers and notaries (payment orders, cancellations of pre-notes, affidavits, associations, probates, etc.) and awaits the proposals of the bar.
Regarding the compensations in Legal Aid cases, the Minister of Justice stated that it was voted to create a platform for their immediate payment without following the liquidation-authorization process by TACHDIK and announced the immediate payment of the remaining 20% of the compensations (2019-2022) and full payment of indemnities for the first nine months of 2023.
Furthermore, the Minister of Justice said:
– The issue of reinstating the mandatory participation of lawyers in real legal transactions (contracts) will be examined immediately.
– Announced changes to the Codes (PK, KPD, KPolD) and the immediate formation within October of a working group for the Lawyers’ Code.
– With regard to Article 187 of the Civil Code, he noted that a resolution of the issue is being promoted through legislation, within the framework of the jointly agreed proposals of the Ministry of Justice and the Bar Association.
– He announced the support of 3,500 new lawyers with 5,000 euros, through vouchers, the payment of an educational allowance of 560 euros to lawyers (30,000) to improve their digital skills, the strengthening of legal assistants and the extension of the internship program in courts and lawyers ( 6 months in Courts and 12 months in Lawyers) with the payment of a monthly fee of 950 euros, through ESPA, accepting a relevant program submitted by the Plenary.
– He announced the reformation of the curriculum at the National School of Judges with the introduction of an ethics course and the raising of the admission age limit.
I have worked in the news industry for over 10 years. I have been an author at News Bulletin 247 for the past 2 years. I mostly cover politics news. I am a highly experienced and respected journalist. I have won numerous awards for my work.