The Blue Flag project organized by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) considered 22 Brazilian beaches to be clean and safe.
In addition, six marinas were indicated as safe and ideal for access.
The project relies on local and international partners to carry out initiatives involving beach safety. In Brazil, the Ambientes em Rede Institute (IAR), in Florianópolis, represents Blue Flag, as well as other FEE initiatives.
In the evaluation, parameters such as water quality, development of environmental activities, safety for bathers, among others, are considered.
Below, see the list of beaches and marinas considered suitable divided by state:
- Patacho Beach, in Porto de Pedras
- Itacimirim Beach, in Camaçari
- Guarajuba Beach, in Camaçari
- Ponta de Nossa Senhora do Guadalupe, in Salvador
- Praia da Sereia, in Vila Velha
Rio de Janeiro
- Praia do Peró, in Cabo Frio
- Sossego Beach, in Niteroi
- Praia da Reserva, in the Barra da Tijuca Nelson Mandela Municipal Natural Park
- Prainha, in Rio de Janeiro
- Marina Costabella, at the Marina Costabella Association
- Marina Kauai at the Kaua Nautical Center
- National Marinas, in the Commercial National Marinas
- Tombo Beach, in Guaruja
- Praia do Forte, in São Francisco do Sul
- Prainha (Praia da Saudade), in São Francisco do Sul
- Piçarras Beach, in Balneário Piçarras
- Praia da Bacia da Vovó, in Penha
- Praia da Saudade, in Penha
- Praia Grande, in Penha
- Marina Itajai, in Itajai
- Tedesco Marina, in Balneário Camboriú
- Praia do Estaleiro, in Balneário Camboriú
- Estalerinho Beach, in Balneário Camboriú
- Quatro Ilhas Beach, in Bombinhas
- Mariscal Beach, in Bombinhas
- Conceição Beach, in Bombinhas
- Praia Grande de Caravelas, in Governador Celso Ramos
- Santa Catarina Yacht Club – Veleiros da Ilha, in Florianópolis
your subscription can be worth even more
Do you already know the advantages of being a Folha subscriber? In addition to having access to reports and columns, you have exclusive newsletters (find out here). You can also download our free app from the Apple Store or Google Play to receive alerts on the top news of the day. Your subscription helps us to do independent and quality journalism. Thanks!
your subscription is worth a lot
More than 180 reports and analyzes published each day. A team of more than 200 columnists and bloggers. A professional journalism that supervises the public power, conveys useful and inspiring news, counterpoints the intolerance of social networks and draws a clear line between truth and lie. How much does it cost to help produce this content?
SUBSCRIBE FOR BRL 1.90 IN THE 1st MONTH
I have over 8 years of experience working in the news industry. I have worked as a reporter, editor, and now managing editor at 247 News Agency. I am responsible for the day-to-day operations of the news website and overseeing all of the content that is published. I also write a column for the website, covering mostly market news.