A postal package originating from the United States of America containing narcotic substances was seized
A 22-year-old man was arrested noon hours yesterday (28/9) in Athens, from police officers of the Narcotics Prosecution Sub-Directorate of the Attica Security Directorate for importation of narcotic substances into Greek territory for the purpose of further processing.
In particular, after using information about the import, through the sending of postal parcels from third countries, of a quantity of cannabis into our country, the suspicious parcel was identified, originating from the United States of America.
Following an organized police operation, a controlled delivery of the package to the defendant was carried out by police officers of the Narcotics Prosecution Sub-Directorate who arrested the 22-year-old upon receiving the package.
Inside the package were found and confiscated:
• -1- kilo and -276.8- grams. of hemp plant extracts in -4- plastic packaging,
• -12- metal vaping devices that contained liquid with the substance tetrahydrocannabiol (THC) with a total weight of -323.2- grams,
• -15- plastic packages containing -150- jelly beans with the substance THC with a total weight of -589- grams,
• -2- plastic packages containing -20- packages of cookies with the substance THC with a total weight of -157.2- grams,
• -3- plastic packages that contained a bar of chocolate with the substance THC with a total weight of -208.5- grams and
• -45- improvised cigarettes containing plant extracts of cannabis with a total weight of -36.5- grams.
From a search of the 22-year-old’s home, the following were found and confiscated:
• nylon packaging that contained raw cannabis with a total weight of -1.3- grams,
• precision electronic scale and
• the sums of -200- euros and -220- US dollars.
The arrested person was taken to the Criminal Prosecutor of Athens.
I have worked as a journalist for over 10 years, and my work has been featured on many different news websites. I am also an author, and my work has been published in several books. I specialize in opinion writing, and I often write about current events and controversial topics. I am a very well-rounded writer, and I have a lot of experience in different areas of journalism. I am a very hard worker, and I am always willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done.