The American official did not make it clear how long the Boeing safety investigation is expected to be completed
The Boeing 737 Max 9 will remain grounded until the completion of the investigation concerning carrying out security checks, the US government announced.
It is reminded that the decision comes after the incident when part of the aircraft door detached in flight on an Alaska Airlines flight.
“It must be 100% safe”said the Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg, referring to the return of the flights of the specific aircraft without making clear the time period in which the investigation will be completed.
Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun described the incident as “escape quality”. This means that the incident was caused by some quality control failure of the plane, which had been in service for only eight weeks before the accident.
Calhoun told CNBC that there are still questions to be answered about the how the incident happened.
Earlier this week, Calhoun admitted to Boeing that the incident was due to a company error after which the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) grounded 171 Boeing aircraft on Saturday that were fitted with the same door plug.
The door plug is a piece of fuselage, with a window, that closes off the space where there would be an emergency exit in some configurations of the space.
Source :Skai
With a wealth of experience honed over 4+ years in journalism, I bring a seasoned voice to the world of news. Currently, I work as a freelance writer and editor, always seeking new opportunities to tell compelling stories in the field of world news.