The announcement about the National Register of HIV patients was made today – December 1st, World Day to fight HIV infection – by the Ministry of Health
National Registry of patients with HIV infection it is introduced for the first time in our country by the decision of the Minister of Health Thanos Pleuris.
Patients with HIV infection are included in the electronic prescription for antiretroviral drugs and referrals for laboratory tests. The announcement about the National Registry of HIV patients was made today – December 1st, World Day to fight HIV infection – by the Ministry of Health, which states that its goal is:
- To register all patients with HIV infection who are diagnosed and/or who are provided with health services in the Greek territory.
- To collect accurate, necessary and useful data, which will concern epidemiological data, the staging of the disease, characteristics of the treatment and course of the disease as well as data of the unit/department and the attending physician.
- To use the collected epidemiological data to draw conclusions about the prevalence of the disease, risk factors, distribution by age and sex, the course of the disease, the monitoring of outcomes, the effectiveness and the safety of the applied treatments.
- To make it possible to estimate the use of health services and organize them more efficiently.
- To make it possible to provide the scientific potential with the possibility of managing and monitoring specific patients throughout the territory.
- To ensure the possibility of recording all the necessary medical data related to the confirmation of the patients’ diagnosis, based on the scientific criteria for their inclusion in the Registry.
- To ensure the possibility of periodic recording and monitoring of the indicators and parameters deemed necessary for the analysis of the patients’ progress.
- To enable the electronic prescription of antiretroviral drugs as well as disease monitoring tests for people with confirmed HIV infection.
- To facilitate the epidemiological surveillance of the disease by the National Public Health Organization (EODY).
- To make possible the collection of anonymized or pseudonymized data for research, with the possibility of the scientific community accessing them, after a reasoned request.
At the same time they will have right to electronic prescription of recipes antiretrovirals medicines and referrals for HIV-1 RNA quantification laboratory tests and other HIV monitoring tests for people with confirmed HIV infection.
Prescription of antiretroviral drugs and laboratory tests for quantification of HIV-1 RNA or other tests to monitor HIV infection for people with confirmed HIV infection will be done by the attending physicians.
As the Ministry of Health points out, the new ministerial decision is part of the integrated prevention and protection network for people with HIV:
- Possibility of fostering/adoption by HIV-positive couples if they follow their treatment
- Creation of a medically assisted reproduction unit and a cryopreservation bank for people with HIV infection
- Availability of antiviral/antiretroviral drugs for prevention (Prep).
Read the News today and get the latest news.
Follow Skai.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news.
I have worked in the news industry for over 10 years. I have a vast amount of experience in covering health news. I am also an author at News Bulletin 247. I am highly experienced and knowledgeable in this field. I am a hard worker and always deliver quality work. I am a reliable source of information and always provide accurate information.