After an investigation, among other things, weapons and a sum of money of approximately €5,000 were found
The authorities in Thessaloniki proceeded to arrest a 39-year-old man who is said to be an associate of Panagiotis Vlastos.
Police officers stopped the car in which a 34-year-old woman was riding on Thursday afternoon, during a random check by the Crime Prevention and Suppression Team (OPKE), in the Diavata area.
After a check on his vehicle, they were found
– a firearm-pistol with a magazine containing four cartridges,
– narcotic tablets that he brought without a required medical prescription,
– a portable transceiver synchronized to the Greek Police frequency and
– 5,000 euros
A search followed at his home where they were located and confiscated
– a military rifle with a magazine containing 27 rounds,
– Sim card and
– Mobile connection packages.
An authoritative source told GRTimes that the 39-year-old is known to the prosecuting authorities as an associate of the fugitive, Vassilis Palaiokostas. According to the police, the arrested person had helped the wanted Baripoinite to escape by helicopter from Korydallos prisons.
Read the News today and get the latest news.
Follow Skai.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news.