Porco Mundi, an event by chefs Janaina Torres Rueda and Jefferson Rueda, returns with full force after a three-year break. There will be 19 chefs from seven Latin American countries preparing a single dinner on October 11, at 7 pm. The event will be held at A Casa do Porco, the 7th best restaurant in the world, according to The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, and tickets will be limited to the public at R$1,000 (with drinks).
Created in 2016 with the aim of providing exchange and fellowship between chefs from around the world, Porco Mundi has pork as its protagonist. According to Jefferson, “the purpose of the event is to investigate the cultural, economic and social importance of pork for the different peoples of the world and how they use this protein to feed themselves”. And after paying homage to Spain, Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil, Peru and Colombia, it was time to pay homage to Latin America, the theme of this edition.
Chefs from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico and Peru participate. Each one will prepare a recipe from the menu, which will consist of 10 starters, six main courses and three desserts, revealing a little of the pork culture of each country.
Find out who are the guest chefs and their respective restaurants.
• Cesar Sagario: Corte Comedor, Corte Charcutería, Corte Carniceria
• Martin Lukesch: Palermo’s Favorite
• Juan Madero: Don Julio
• Kurt Schmid: 99
• Sergio Barroso: 040
• Álvaro Clavijo: El Chato
• Jaime Rodriguez: Celele
• Santiago Fernandez Benedetto: Silvestre, Don Rufino, 400Amón
• Alejandro Chamorro: Nuema
• Pia Salazar: Nuema
• Antonio Bachour: Bachour Merida, Bachour Miami, Habibi
• Édgar Núnez: Sud777, Jacinta, Agua Fresca, María Dolores
• Elena Reygadas: Rosetta, Panadería Rosetta, Lardo, Café Nin, Bella Aurora
• Francisco “Paco” Ruano: Alcalde, Fargo, Ojo Bangkok
• Tomás Bermudez: La Docena, Urgente Emergente
• Jaime Pesaque: Mayta, Yachay, Sapiens, 500 Grados, Callao Cevicheria, Mad Burger
• Mitsuharu “Micha” Tsumura: Maido
• Pia Leon: Central, Kjolle
• Renzo Garibaldi: Bone
Porco Mundi Latin America – little map here
The Casa do Porco – Rua Araújo 124, República, São Paulo
Reservations: email@example.com – Tel.: 11 3258-2578
I have over 10 years of experience working in the news industry. I have worked for several different news organizations, including a large news website like News Bulletin 247. I am an expert in the field of economics and have written several books on the subject. I am a highly skilled writer and editor, and have a strong knowledge of social media. I am a highly respected member of the news industry, and my work has been featured in many major publications.