The extra cards that will be made available relate to balances resulting from Phase 3
The North Evia – Samos Pass is to be put back into operation today, Monday October 10, at 12:00 noon via vouchers.gov.gr. This is the platform that was implemented with the cooperation of the Ministries of Digital Governance, Finance, Development & Investments and Tourism and aims to financially support the tourism activity for the regions of North Evia and Samos.
The additional cards that will be made available relate to balances resulting from Phase 3 (August) in accordance with what is provided for under no. Official Gazette 3347/B/28-06-2022 KYA.
Beneficiaries will be able to use the relevant immaterial digital cards for the period up to 31-10-2022 for accommodation, dining and local transport expenses in the above affected areas.
- for Northern Evia, an additional 2,349 cards of 150 euros are to be issued and
- for Samos, an additional 999 cards of 300 euros will be issued
The vouchers.gov.gr platform will remain open from 12:00 at noon on Monday, October 10 and until the intangible digital debit cards are sold out.
With the figures so far since the beginning of the action North Evia – Samos Pass cumulatively more than 4.72 million euros have been allocated.
- for Northern Evia, 19,514 cards have been added to the beneficiaries’ digital wallets and 16,628 have been charged at least one transaction
- for Samos, 10,033 cards have been added to the beneficiaries’ digital wallets and 9,080 of them have been charged for at least one transaction.
It is recalled that the action has a total budget of 6 million euros, and through it approximately 32,000 beneficiaries will be able to issue an immaterial digital debit card as an incentive to visit the two regions, stimulating local tourism. The North Evia – Samos Pass has no income criteria and therefore an application for the North Evia – Samos Pass is eligible to apply those citizens:
- are tax residents of Greece according to the tax return for the tax year 2020 and
- they are not beneficiaries – beneficiaries under:
- of the Social Tourism program for the period 2021-2022,
- of the Social Tourism program of D.Y.P.A. 2022 and the action “Tourism for all” of the Ministry of Tourism or
- related provision from any other body for the same period of time.
It is clarified that for married persons or persons who have entered into a cohabitation agreement until the tax year 2020, the beneficiary is the person liable to submit the tax return or one of the two, in case of a separate return. The North Evia – Samos Pass can be used exclusively either by the beneficiary himself to cover his local transport, catering or accommodation costs, or by those designated as his “beneficiaries”, namely:
- his adult children who are declared as dependents on the personal income tax return for the tax year 2020 or
- the beneficiary’s spouse or the person who has entered into a cohabitation agreement with him/her.
The operation of the platform is particularly simple, as in order to submit the application each citizen only needs his Taxisnet passwords and the confirmation of a mobile phone number and an e-mail address. All other data are automatically retrieved through the Interoperability Center of the General Secretariat of Public Administration Information Systems. Analytically:
- The citizen enters the platform with his Taxisnet passwords.
- Immediately after, he registers his contact details, i.e. email address and mobile phone number, which he then authenticates via a hyperlink and a one-time password (OTP – One Time Password) respectively.
- Then, he states the destination of his choice between Samos and North Evia.
- It then states the mobile phone number on which, if approved, the immaterial digital debit card will be activated.
- Finally, the citizen responsibly declares that he is not subject to any of the action’s exceptions and selects “Submit”, completing the application submission process.
The process can also be handled through KEP.
The evaluation of the application and the issuance of the immaterial digital debit card will take up to three working days. After the approval and issuance of the immaterial digital debit card, the payment service provider informs the beneficiary of the procedure to be followed to activate the card.
It is clarified that permanent residents of the regions cannot use the immaterial digital debit card at their place of residence. Thus, permanent residents of North Evia can apply for the North Evia – Samos Pass by declaring only Samos as a destination and vice versa. In addition, a suitable smartphone that supports NFC – contactless transaction technology is required to store the immaterial digital debit card. And finally, in the case of an approved application, it is not allowed to withdraw or submit a second application.
The North Evia – Samos Pass was implemented by the National Technology and Research Infrastructure Network (EDYTE SA – GRNET), a supervised body of the Ministry of Digital Governance, and is financed by the Public Investment Program. The details of the action are regulated by the no. 3603/28-06-2022 (Government Gazette B’ 3347/28.06.2022) Joint Ministerial Decision of the Ministers of State and Digital Governance Kyriakos Pierrakakis, Development Adonis Georgiadis and Tourism Vassilis Kikilias, as well as the Deputy Minister of Finance Theodoros Skylakakis and the Deputy Minister of Digital of Government Thodoris Livaniou, with the cooperation of the Deputy Minister to the Prime Minister, responsible for State Aid and Rehabilitation from Natural Disasters, Christos Triandopoulos.
You can find a detailed guide in the form of questions and answers at vouchers.gov.gr/eviasamospass and for any further clarification you can contact 215 215 7841 (Monday to Friday and hours 09:00 – 17:00).
Read the News today and get the latest news.
Follow Skai.gr on Google News and be the first to know all the news.